Go back to all attorneys
C. Edward Browne “Ed” is a general practice partner with an emphasis on handling litigation matters. He regularly represents and counsels businesses, municipal entities and authorities, and individuals. An experienced litigator and trial attorney, Ed has developed the necessary skills to advocate in any forum. He will defend your rights when they have been violated and protect your interests as needed. Additionally, he has developed a keen eye towards anticipating and preventing conflicts that serves his transactional clients very well.
Ed is a graduate of Benedictine College, and the University of Kansas School of Law. Upon graduation from law school, Ed completed a federal clerkship with the Honorable Lawrence F. Stengel, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Nikolaus & Hohenadel, Ed was an Assistant District Attorney in Berks County where he was the leader of a U.S. Department of Justice Domestic Violence grant allowing him to focus on prosecuting the most severe domestic violence felonies and adult sex crimes. He was also involved in prosecuting homicides, and major drug and gun crimes.
Ed draws upon a wealth of experience advocating both inside of and outside the courtroom. He has taken over 30 jury trials to verdict. His practice areas include: Federal and State Civil Litigation; Real Estate / Commercial Development and zoning; Municipal Law; all forms of Family Law including Divorce and Custody; Business Transactions; Tax Assessment Appeals; Intellectual Property / Trademarks; and all forms of Appellate work.
Ed’s experience includes:
• Successfully resolving multiple business disputes ranging from collection matters and breach of contract, to complex non-profit corporate governance;
• Successfully trying multiple child custody / relocation, and divorce matters;
• Representing both non-profit and for-profit businesses in various transactional matters including a multi-million dollar asset purchase agreement, and complex credit swaps;
• Representing a local business in a tax assessment appeal whereby the assessment was decreased by approximately $8,000,000.00; and
• Successfully briefing various matters before the Pennsylvania Superior Court, and Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court.
Ed is a member of the Lancaster County and Berks County Bar Associations. In 2014, Ed served as the Family Law Section chair of the Lancaster County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania state courts as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania.
Ed’s civic involvement includes serving on the Board of the St. Thomas More Society, Harrisburg Chapter; and the Lititz Sewer Authority.
You may email Edward at email@example.com.
♦ Benedictine College, Atchison, Kansas
♦ Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, KS
♦ Lancaster County Bar Association
♦ Berks County Bar Association
♦ Pennsylvania Bar Association
♦ U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
♦ Board member of St. Thomas More Society; Harrisburg Chapter
♦ Board member of Lititz Sewer Authority